TED Transportation Expands
This spring the TED transportation program started to expand it’s transportation options to cover specific destinations in the city of Staunton. We are expecting to receive a new wheelchair accessible van for this program in the summer. This vehicle is being provided through the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) Section 5310 program that covered 80% of the cost. The remaining 20% of the cost is being covered by a recent grant award from The Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge. This will allow us to continue to expand the program to more and more people.
In addition to needing the vehicles, TED transportation also relies on volunteer drivers donating their time and assistance. If you’d like to volunteer, please contact Jacquie Horton (949-7141 or email@example.com) for additional information. Jacquie is also available to speak to a church groups, civic groups, etc.
Posted on May 22, 2012 ·